Information We Collect and Disclose About You.
- Information we receive from you, such as your name, address, Social Security Number;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, such as your account balance or payment history;
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms, such as from your current or past employers or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
We may disclose information we collect, as described above, to the following types of third party companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf, such as:
- Statement printers, mail houses, and affiliated direct marketers;
- Other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements, such as Card Issuing bank(s) agents.
- To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not allow these companies to sell or give the member information we provide to other third parties.
We may also disclose information about you under other circumstances as permitted or required by law. These circumstances typically include information disclosed:
- To follow instructions as authorized by you;
- To conduct the operations of the financial institution or;
- To protect the security of our financial records.
Disclosure of Information about Former Cardholders.
If you terminate your account/membership with your Financial Institution, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information?
We restrict access to non-public personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your non-public personal information.
What Cardholders/Members Can Do to Help?
Pay With Q™ and its business partners are committed to protecting the privacy of its cardholders/ members. Cardholders/Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PINs (Personal Identification Numbers) and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your Prepaid MasterCard®, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, Social Security Numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you, explains the call is on behalf of the Financial Institution and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official Financial Institution staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of your account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know.
Let us know if you have questions. Please do not hesitate to call us; we are here to serve you!